Thanks to a grant from the Women's General Hospital Fund of the Cleveland Foundation, Monarch Center for Autism is pleased to launch its online Autism Resource Center. It provides families whose children were diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), a reputable and consolidated location to search for everything they need to know about ASDs - including diagnosis, coping strategies, educational and treatment options, assistive technology, waivers, and much more. Resources include:
- General Information and education about Autism Spectrum Disorders including causes and theories, symptoms, physical and medical issues, screening and diagnosis, family issues and coping strategies, frequently asked questions, and a glossary of terms
- Information and education about treatments and interventions for individuals with ASDs including therapies, medical and dietary interventions and assistive technology
- Information about educating children with ASDs including early intervention, legal rights, IEPs, and financial assistance
- Information about transitioning individuals with ASDs to adulthood including transition planning, residential living options, adult day programs and services, and future planning
- Interactive links to hundreds of relevant websites, organizations and services, organized by categories, which enable users to rate and rank existing resources and submit new ones.